Academy Business and Operations Partner
Monday 10th May 2021School Location
Location: Spalding, LincolnshireContracted Hours
Hours: 37 hours per weekStart Date
Start Date: As soon as possiblePay Scale / Salary
Pay Scale / Salary: Grade 8, point 31-35 being £28,672 to £32,233 FTE
The Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust is a multi-academy trust formed by the Diocese of Lincoln. We are a family of 17 schools brought together by a shared vision to improve the life chances of all our children through excellence, exploration, encouragement within a distinct ethos. Established as a multi-academy trust by the Diocese of Lincoln in December 2013, we are a unique organisation that celebrates the individuality of every school whilst promoting an uncompromising belief in the power of collaboration to support all our c3000 pupils be the best they can be.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, and highly organised Business and Operations Partner to join Spalding Parish Church of England Day School (SPCEDS), which currently has 525 pupils on roll.
It is an exciting time to join SPCEDS as they continue their journey, supporting the children, families, and wider community that they serve. They are committed to ensuring that their children develop the essential skills required for life in an ever-changing world. Staff at SPCEDS are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and nurturing community where children learn to become resilient and self-assured. All staff play a part in this work and everyone is challenged and encouraged to thrive and achieve as individuals.
You will be responsible for overseeing the finance and administration, HR, estates, IT, and procurement functions that take place at school level. You may be an experienced School Business Manager or have experience of working in an operational support role with a strong focus on the financial and operational planning.
The Business and Operations Partner will be a key member of the School team, working closely with the School leadership but also working closely with the central team to provide an operational service at individual school level.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of working in a finance role in the education sector
- An understanding of the key financial controls, strategic planning and budgetary management required in a School
- Holds an SBM qualification/equivalent or experience in a similar post
- Knowledge of safeguarding and safer recruitment practises in line with KCSIE
- The ability to oversee the implementation of central HR policies and procedures and maintain the School’s Single Central Record
- An awareness of Health and Safety requirements in a School
- An understanding of and empathy with the Christian values of the organisation
- The aspiration to keep children at the heart of all their decisions
We can offer you:
- A supportive and dynamic team
- A varied and exciting role with opportunities to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Opportunities for continuous professional development and salary progression throughout the grade
- An exciting prospect to have influence in a growing Multi Academy Trust
- The chance to support transformation for pupils and families across greater Lincolnshire
Access to the local government pension scheme is available along with various employee benefits which will be discussed at interview
Should you wish to discuss this post or express an interest please contact Laura Gregory,
Finance Project Manager on: 07867 333112.
Completed applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 10th May - Noon
Interview dates: Thursday 13th May
To Start – As soon as possible
The Trust promotes diversity and wants a workforce which reflect Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.