Central Team Lincoln/ Home BasedContracted Hours
Hours of Work - 37 hours per weekStart Date
Start date - As soon as possiblePay Scale / Salary
Pay Scale - LAAT 9 being £32,233 to £35,744 FTE
The Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust is a multi-academy trust formed by the Diocese of Lincoln. We are a family of 16 schools brought together by a shared vision to improve the life chances of all our children through excellence, exploration, encouragement within a distinct Christian ethos. Established as a multi-academy trust by the Diocese of Lincoln in December 2013, we’re a unique organisation that celebrates the individuality of every school whilst promoting an uncompromising belief in the power of collaboration to support all our c3000 pupils be the best they can be.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced and committed Management Accountant to join our team based in Lincoln. This is a new post to help support our growth. Our finance team are proactive and forward thinking and this role represents an excellent opportunity for career development. This position will be a key member of the central services team with significant responsibility for transactional accounting within the finance team and across the whole Trust. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management reporting and forecasts, annual budgets and managing the year end processes. Please see the job description for full details.
There is potential that this position could be homebased with travel to our central office in Lincoln as required. This can be discussed further at interview. You will be joining a committed and successful central team. You’ll also have the opportunity to work directly with a group of committed and ambitious leaders in our three ‘hubs’ across Lincolnshire. A driving license is essential as you will be required to visit our schools.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant. You will have a strong customer focus and be able to provide a high-quality service to our schools. A strong analytical approach is essential, along with the ability to develop financial systems and procedures.You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and external organisations at all levels.
We are looking for someone who has:
• A demonstrable track record of producing month end management accounts • Sound knowledge of key financial controls
• The ability to oversee the implementation of financial policies and procedures • Experience of working in a busy finance department (education experience would be an advantage but is not essential)
• An understanding of and empathy with the Christian values of the organisation • The aspiration to keep children at the heart of all their decisions We can offer you:
• A supportive and dynamic team • A varied and exciting role with opportunities to work with a wide range of stakeholders
• Opportunities for continuous professional development and salary progression throughout the grade
• An exciting prospect to have influence in a growing Multi Academy Trust
• The chance to support transformation for pupils and families across greater Lincolnshire Access to the local government pension scheme is available along with various employee benefits which will be discussed at interview.
Should you wish to discuss this post or express an interest please contact Kerrie Byers, Finance Manager on 07741 846483 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1 st March 2021
Interview date: 9 th March 2021
To Start – As soon as possible
The Trust promotes diversity and wants a workforce which reflect Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.